Medical Benefits

The City of Memphis offers two different medical options for you and your family through BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Choice and Select). You must meet an annual deductible before the plan pays a percentage of expenses. You will pay a copay for certain services. After your (or your family’s) out-of-pocket maximum has been met, the plan will pay 100% of each eligible family member’s covered expenses.

Have questions about your health plan?


Meet with a BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee expert right here in Memphis to answer your questions about claims, billing, benefits, or anything else about your health plan.


You can save on health care costs by staying in network. By going to in-network doctors and hospitals, you pay lower copays and avoid other out-of-network costs. Use the Find a Doctor tool at or the myBlue TN mobile app to see if your doctor or hospital is in your network. You may also call BCBST at 1-888-796-0609.


BCBST Network P Includes

  • Baptist Hospitals
  • St. Francis Hospitals
  • Regional One Hospital


BCBST Network S* Includes

  •  Baptist Hospitals
  •  LeBonheur Hospital
  •  St. Francis Hospitals
  •  **Methodist Hospitals are OUT-of-Network**
  •  Regional One Hospital


Once you reach your deductible, you must pay the coinsurance. For example, the insurance company will pay 90% of covered services after your deductible has been met, and you pay the remaining 10% until you reach the out-of-pocket maximum.

Transparency in Coverage Machine-Readable Files

Health insurers must post on their websites certain health care price information in downloadable machine-readable files beginning July 1, 2022. We’ve uploaded machine-readable files to be sure we’re compliant with the requirement, including in-network negotiated rates and historical payment to out-of-network providers and their billed charges.

 You can access our machine-readable files here. (City of Memphis can link to

Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)

Health Reimbursement Arrangement

Additional Included Coverage

Need to speak to a nurse or doctor immediately?