Because a healthier smile can be important to maintaining overall health.
Maintaining good oral health matters. Studies show that those with dental coverage are more likely to visit the dentist. And of course staying on top of your care is the key to preventing costly problems that can add up. Plus, going to the dentist regularly can help prevent problems that have been linked to stroke or heart disease.
That’s where a good dental plan comes in. The right coverage makes it easier to visit the dentist and helps lower your costs. You get support to keep up with dental cleanings and other preventive care that helps you avoid costly problems and live healthier. Now that’s something to smile about.
You’re more likely to visit the dentist when you have dental coverage.
Because keeping your teeth healthy, without a dental plan, can be expensive.
While costs will vary based on where you live, the average family of four spends $1,824 a year on dental services.³ With a dental plan, you get protection against costs for unexpected dental care with low to no costs for preventive care.
See how much you could save in a single year when visiting a participating dentist.
Keep in mind this is only an illustration. Your costs and savings could vary based on your plan design, where you live, and whether your plan requires a copayment or coinsurance. Please see your Plan Summary for details about your specific coverage.
|Service||Dentist’s usual fee||Negotiated fee||Percent Covered||Metlife pays||Year cost||You Save|
% Of Negotiated Fee*
% Of Negotiated Fee*
|Type A: Diagnostic & Preventive|
(cleanings, exams, X-rays)
|Type B: Basic Restorative|
(oral surgery, endodontics)
|Type C: Major Restorative|
(crowns, bridges, dentures)
|Annual Maximum Benefit|
|Orthodontia Lifetime Maximum|
|Child(ren)’s eligibility for dental coverage is from birth up to age 26.|
† Applies only to Types B, C .
How can having MetLife Dental Insurance benefit you?
- If you go to a participating dentist, you can count on the PDP Plus network. All participating dentists must meet rigorous selection standards.6
- Find a participating dentist today at metlife.com
- Take advantage of negotiated fees that are typically 30–45% less than the average charges in the the same area.7
- Participating dentists accept these fees as payment in full for covered services.
- Easy access to pre-treatment estimates,8 real-time claims processing and 24 hour customer service by phone, fax or online.
- Educational tools and resources help you and your dentist make more informed decisions
- 2013 US Survey of Dental Care Affordability and Accessibility; Empirica Research; July 2017.
- American Dental Association; Dentists: Doctors of Oral Health. Accessed July 2017.
- 2016 Statistic Brain Research Institute, Consumer Spending Statistics, accessed June 2016.
- These hypothetical in-network savings examples are based on average charges in the Philadelphia area, for procedure codes D1110, D0210, D2150, D3330 and D2740.
- Savings from enrolling in a dental benefits plan will depend on various factors, including plan design and premiums, how often participants visit the dentist and the cost of services rendered.
- Certain providers may participate with MetLife through an agreement that MetLife has with a vendor. Providers available through a vendor are subject to the vendor’s credentialing process and requirements, not MetLife’s.
- Based on internal analysis by MetLife. Negotiated fees refers to the fees that in-network dentists have agreed to accept as payment in full for covered services, subject to any co-payments, deductibles, cost sharing and benefit maximums. Negotiated fees are subject to change.
- A pre-treatment estimate is only an estimate. The actual amount that MetLife will pay is determined when a claim is submitted, and is subject to any co-payments, deductibles, cost sharing and benefits maximums.
- The features of the MetLife Dental Mobile App are not available for all MetLife dental plans.
- Before using the MetLife Dental Mobile App, you must register at Metlife Benefits from a computer. Registration cannot be done from your mobile device.