The purpose of the Employee Referral Bonus Program is to provide an incentive award to a current employee in a full-time equivalent (FTE) position who brings new talent to MPD by referring applicants who are subsequently selected and successfully employed as commissioned police officers.
All City of Memphis employees in regular full-time positions are eligible to receive a referral bonus, except for at least the following:
- Directors, Deputy Directors, Chiefs, or Deputy Chiefs
- Employees whose regular, recurring jobs include the recruitment of MPD Commissioned Officers
- Those who participate in the Police Recruitment process selecting manager/supervisor, or other persons associated with the selection of police recruits
- All HR Department employees
- Family members, as defined by current nepotism guidelines
The maximum amount for any referral bonus awarded will be $5000, to the current full-time City of Memphis employee. The candidate must complete the Police Academy for the employee to receive disbursement.
Referral bonus awards are not an entitlement, and may be granted at management’s discretion.
Conditions for Payment
The applicant must list referring employee at time of application.
The referral bonus will be made in three payments:
- 1. Candidate is hired for the academy – $500
- 2. Candidate graduates from the academy – $500
- 3. Candidate completes probationary period – $1000
Any questions? Please contact us by email: MPD.Referbonus@MemphisTN.gov